Work With Us
Office Moms & Dads, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization based in Clark County, Washington, is a community of qualified volunteers partnering with child welfare offices to provide a nurturing environment for children entering foster care.
OVERVIEW & PURPOSE
The primary role of the Office Manager is to provide executive level administrative support to the Executive Director (ED) and Development Director (DD) of Office Moms & Dads (OMD) and its program sites. The Office Manager will have direct contact with board members, donors, Volunteer Coordinators, Office Liaisons, and the general public. The Office Manager will manage communications with the ED, handle time-sensitive paperwork, coordinate data management, and assist with special events and marketing. This person should be a great multi-tasker with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude! Clear, effective, and timely communication is key in this role; in the office, on the phone, at events, and in writing. This position will begin as a contracted role, with the opportunity to expand to a more formal position, including benefits, within a few months.
TIME COMMITMENT, SCHEDULE and BENEFITS
OMD has budgeted 20 hours per week for this position. Some duties can be done remotely from home, with a commitment to at least 15 hours in-person three days per week, and a ½ hour all-staff Zoom meeting once per week. OMD will work with the Office Manager to arrange a schedule that is agreeable to all parties. Some duties require their own transportation, and will be eligible for mileage reimbursement upon request. All non-contract employees at .5 FTE and above are eligible for health benefits reimbursement (up to $337/month), a phone stipend ($50/month), a parking space, and 2 weeks PTO per year, prorated upon start date. The position pays $16/hour, and a MacBook Air laptop will be provided. Growth opportunities, including raises, will be assessed each January with an annual review process.
- Answering email: manage two OMD email accounts (general mailbox and individual OMD mailbox)
- Answering inquiries to the program within two business days
- Answering phone and checking voicemail regularly, passing along messages in a timely manner
- Checking physical mailbox at least three days a week
- Assisting ED and DD in managing calendar and travel arrangements as needed
- Maintaining a beautiful office space inside and out: includes light tidying and/or cleaning
- Assess supply levels and place necessary orders for headquarters and program sites as needed
- Mailings and Shipping
- Assist in mailings for events and annual appeals throughout the year
- Shipping or delivering supplies to outlying OMD sites as needed (local delivery only)
- Data entry and pulling reports
- Input and analyze data that may contain sensitive/confidential information, maintaining confidentiality and communication to ED and DD
- Support for Events (3 major fundraising events, one Summit meeting, 6 board meetings and one board retreat per year)
- Prep and communication for events
- Day-of event support where needed
- Setup and Cleanup alongside volunteers in assistance to ED and DD
The Executive Assistant will be thoroughly committed to Office Moms & Dads’ mission, vision and values (located on our website). All candidates should have proven organization, communication, and technology management experience. An ideal candidate has the ability to think strategically, ask questions, and work within a team.
Specific requirements include:
- 3 or more years of successful experience as administrative assistant or office manager preferred
- Experience with Google Sheets, MailChimp, DocuSign and DonorPerfect platforms (training available)
- Track record of effective project management
- Unwavering commitment to quality output and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to communicate on all platforms, achieve strategic objectives, and manage Google Office suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a clear communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Planning-oriented, with attention to detail and ability to think ahead
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- References, work samples and background check may be required prior to offer
Apply for Position
It is the policy of OMD not to discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, age, sensory, mental, or physical ability, heritage, ancestry, national origin, political ideology, religion, or creed. This policy includes, but is not limited to, hiring, firing, layoffs, promotions, wages, training, disciplinary action, or any other terms, privileges, condition, or benefits of employment as well as non-discrimination in the providing of any services or activities of the organization.